Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Elementals

The Elementals The Elementals by Michael McDowell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SPOILERS AHEAD


A super-atmospheric horror story that is more frightening and insidious than any normal crime fiction could possibly be. This book creeped me out so hard that I had to stop reading it at night. Even in the light of day, I was getting shivers. I think that's a testiment to how well it's written. I honestly don't even want to write a long review because even thinking about it is creepy, haha.

It would be nice to think that the Elementals, whatever they truly are, were destroyed with the destruction of Beldame, first by fire, then by storm. But India's pronouncement at the end, that Leigh's babies were Savages, not McCrays, plus the creepy story about the mother buried alive who ate her dead baby (ugh gross) makes me think the Elementals are unbreakbly linked to the Savage family itself, and they will never be able to outrun them in the end. Eeeeeeek. 😳😱

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment