Friday, August 10, 2018

A Court of Frost and Starlight

A Court of Frost and Starlight A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love these characters, and I love reading about them, but this was pretty short, and with not really any conclusions, it would have made more sense to include parts of this in the upcoming 4th book in the series. Unless that book is going to be primarily focused on Cassian and Nessa (which the sneak peek seemed to hint at), and it would have been out of place to include Feyre's journey with her creative purpose, which in my opinion is the best part of the book. I love that Feyre is trying to find a way to process the terrible things she's gone through via her art, and also that she decides to reach out into their community to help kids who might be dealing with similarly difficult issues.

Nessa. Ugh. I get that she's been through a lot, but so has Elain, and so has Feyre, and they're still trying at least. I feel bad for Cassian, because he's clearly trying, despite not getting anything back from Nessa since the battle.

The Lucien-Elain-Azriel-Morrigan love square is a confusing configuration and I'm can't really figure out how that's going to play out. Mor has been dealing with the fallout of her torture for years, but is it too late for a chance with Azriel now? And what's up with Azriel and Elain's mutual affection? How does Lucien and his mating with Elain play in to things?

The character I'm ready to see the end of most is Tamlin. Seriously. His morose self-pity is so depressing to watch.

I'm ready for book 4, whatever it brings, whenever it brings it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment