Monday, August 13, 2018

Everything, Everything

Everything, Everything Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SPOILERS AHEAD


I feel like I can't objectively review this book because I saw the movie first, and so a lot of the emotional tension was removed by knowing the big lie. I knew Madeline wasn't sick. So when Maddy risks everything, her whole life, to go outside, and go with Ollie to Hawaii, instead of feeling the excitement and terror of that trip, I knew she'd be fine. Instead of feeling her love and desire to live a full life, I was just waiting for her to get to the moment when she would know the truth.

I do believe this book is worth reading, and I'm sure there are lots of people for whom it wouldn't matter that they knew the truth. I enjoyed the writing, and believe that love can push you to do incomprehensible, magical things. Maddy and Ollie's love felt natural and organic, and I am glad that the book ended happily. After all the crap Maddy went through in her life, she deserves a happy ending. After much therapy, both for her and her mom, I hope Maddy can forgive her, and they can one day build up the trust they once had.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment