Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Wedding Date

The Wedding Date The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been reading a lot of heavy books lately, so I wanted to take a break and read something a little more light-hearted. This was a funny, sexy romance that had the perfect amount of tension. I also appreciated Alexa giving Drew a look outside his own privilege, and providing some education on what it's like to be a black person and woman. Drew might be an idiot about some things, but he shut down people's racism really fast, and believed Alexa, no questions asked, when she told him about someone's racist comments. Their relationship wasn't perfect, but I liked how they listened to one another, paid attention, and always tried to understand where the other was coming from. If I have one complaint, I didn't necessarily need to read about ALL the sex - it feels like about 50% of the book was descriptions of them either having sex, wishing they were having sex, or remembering having sex. That's just personal preference, though. It was very tastefully written, just frequent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment