Monday, January 15, 2018

SLAM! Vol. 1

SLAM! Vol. 1 SLAM! Vol. 1 by Pamela Ribon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a comic about roller derby, but more than that, it's about friendship, and what happens when things on your life pull you away from your friends. It's hard to maintain closeness when you're not spending as much time together physically, but that's when you need to hero your communication the most open, and not become jealous or feel like you're being replaced by new friends.

Side note: When I was checking in to see when the next volume would be out, I noticed that there weren't any single issues available past #4, the last in this volume. I did some google-research and discovered this statement: "Issues 5, 6, 7, and 8 have all been cancelled by the publisher, Boom! Studios, with the promise that they will return at some date." Yikes! And that was almost a year ago! I'll cross my fingers that we'll see more of this comic, because it has such potential. For now, this can still stand alone as a great volume, even if the comic doesn't continue.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment