Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Weekly Read: 14

I am sad to report that this is the first week I have failed to finish a book. :( I blame it on The Island.

STILL READING: The Island | Aldous Huxley
I just don't feel inspired to read this one. It's taking a massive effort, and I can't seem to let myself read any other book, because I feel like I would never pick this one up again. Ugh. I'll try again this next week, but I might have to abandon it. :( I hope it doesn't come to that.






STARTED: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter | Seth Grahame-Smith
When I heard about this book, I was instant interested in reading it. I was reluctant to buy it, though, because I had been really disappointed after reading Grahame-Smith's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which didn't live up to my expectations. I requested it from the library, and when it finally came in on Saturday, I swung by to pick it up. To my surprise, I had accidentally requested the audiobook version! Rather than return it and wait for the actual book, I checked it out anyways, and popped the first CD right into my car's CD player. So far, it has been great! A fun mix between vampire lore and Abraham Lincoln biography. I'm definitely going to have to read an actual biography when I'm done, to separate fact from fiction. I'm on disc 3 of 9 right now, and so hopefully will be able to finish this one up in about a week on my way to and from work. Turns out getting the audiobook was a blessing in disguise. :)

Next week: I WILL finish The Island, or stop reading it. Oh, and I just got How to Train Your Dragon, which I am very excited to read as I loved the movie. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment