Friday, May 15, 2015

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope

William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope by Ian Doescher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I went to Star Wars Celebration this year in Anaheim (my first!), the only panel I went to was a live reading from these audio books, and it was so entertaining and excellent -- the actors switched hats/robes/etc when changing between roles! -- that I knew I had to find this right away.

I cannot fully express how utterly AMAZING this book is. If you're a fan of Shakespeare or Star Wars, you should definitely pick this up, but I would recommend this to absolutely EVERYONE, it is so good. Also, do yourself a favor, don't just read this book, but listen to the audiobook! It's not simply the book just being read, but the production quality is so excellent, it's actually more like an audio performance than anything else. There are multiple voice actors performing, many of whom each play multiple roles and do the voices and everything. These people are truly talented, and a joy to listen to. Characters like Darth Vader, Luke, and C-3PO sounds exactly like they do in the movies -- except them are saying things in a very Shakespearean way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment